Do I Qualify for Medical Insurance if I Have a Pre Existing Condition?
Currently, individual, family and self employed health insurance plans are medically underwritten. This means that most health insurance companies will require every adult applicant to provide detailed health history, including prescription drug usage and physician contact information. This information is used to asses or “underwrite” each individual’s insurability. As a result, all adult applicants may not qualify.
If you or a family member has an existing medical condition, use tobacco or are overweight and want immediate, confidential feedback regarding your insurability, then use our exclusive Insurability Profile Tool™. It is fast, free and confidential, and will provide immediate feedback regarding an individual’s insurability before applying for an individual medical insurance plan.
- The new healthcare law, effective September 2010, requires medical insurance companies to cover children less than 19 years of age regardless of their health status. This new mandate is applicable to employer sponsored group health insurance and individual and family major medical insurance.
- Effective January 2014, health insurance companies will be prohibited from medical underwriting all applicants and restricting coverage in any way due to pre existing health conditions.
With our Insurability Profile Tool™ you can be assured of the following:
- No personal information required- User remains anonymous
- Completely confidential – no information is stored
- Fast and easy to use – just answer the medical questions
Since medical underwriting guidelines vary by health insurance company, the Insurability Profile Tool™ will provide the User with general feedback regarding his/ her insurability. It does not guarantee an individual will qualify for a health insurance plan or the premium will be issued at a specific level.
The User is NOT making an application for health insurance. NEVER cancel existing health insurance coverage until written approval is received for the new medical insurance plan.
If feedback is desired on multiple persons please reset the tool at the end and start over for the next individual. To start the Insurability Profile Tool™ click the button below.