Optima Health Insurance
Optima Health provides low cost medical and dental insurance plan coverage to more than 415,000 members throughout Virginia. We offer a full suite of commercial products including consumer-driven, employee-owned and employer-sponsored plans, individual and family health plans, employee assistance plans and plans serving Medicare and Medicaid enrollees.
Our quality provider network features more than 15,000 providers including specialists, primary care physicians and hospitals across Virginia.
We offer programs to support members with chronic illnesses, customized wellness programs, and integrated clinical and behavioral health services – all to help our members improve their health. Wherever we serve our members, Optima stands out through our passion for health and service excellence.
Easy To Use
Optima offers user-friendly customer service, claims processing and problem solving. You can expect personal service from enrollment to member services to renewal. We provide fast and accurate claim payments, so you spend less time following up on claim issues.
A Great Value
Optima offers a broad spectrum of innovative products and service solutions designed for employers, employees and their families. Progressive plan designs encourage greater employee participation in healthcare decisions and can reduce administrative costs while improving service quality.
Better-informed employees make better decisions.
Optima Health has been based in Virginia for more than 20 years. Our members have access to doctors and hospitals with nationally recognized clinical programs, up-to-date preventive care and patient safety protocols, plus the latest medical procedures and technologies.
(Information updated as of 2011 from Optima Health’s website)
Optima Health in the News
- Conversion Rates More Than Double After Optima Health Adds the BlueLeap Connector, With 2-Way SMS Integration ... - Digital Journal
- Wellness features in health insurance makes sense - Business Standard (press release) (registration) (blog)
- 12 states where insurers are requesting double-digit premium rate increases - Becker's Hospital Review
- Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center renovates lobby, upgrades MRI - The Ledger
- Elliot, Dartmouth-Hitchcock merger could face antitrust challenge - The Union Leader