Medical Mutual Ohio
Medical Mutual, a trusted insurer for 75 years, has provided low medical and dental insurance solutions for more than 1.6 million healthcare customers. Headquartered in downtown Cleveland in the historic Rose Building, Medical Mutual has sales, service, and information technology offices in 12 locations across Ohio, and 2,700 Ohio-based employees who pride themselves on their customer service. As a mutual company, Medical Mutual is owned by its policyholders and acts in their best interest, not according to the demands of stockholders and Wall Street analysts.
Medical Mutual’s Facts at a Glance
- Founded In: 1934, the oldest health insurance company in Ohio
- Statewide Offices: Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Seven Hills, Toledo, Youngstown, Information Systems Facility – Beachwood
- Number of Employees: 2,800
- Membership: 3.9 million
- Group Customers: 31,000
- Network: 593 hospitals, 32,000 participating physicians
Medical Mutual’s Awards and Recognitions
Our wellness program has grown so successfully that it won a national award. Only 33 companies in the entire country earned the “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” award from the National Business Group on Health. And, Medical Mutual was one of only eight recipients who earned the “Platinum-level” of the award — the highest honor for employers who commit to combating obesity and promoting a healthy lifestyle for employees.
Medical Mutual’s Call Centers even have two national awards for technological advancements:
- “Best Justification Award” from Baseline Magazine’s Return on Investment Awards and First Place
- “Best Use of Technology,” Call Center Excellence Awards.
Both awards recognized Medical Mutual for innovative enhancements to the Call Centers, including integration of the telephone and computer systems, speech recognition systems, and the Contact Online Reporting System (the system that records and tracks all member inquiries). Simply put, these technological advancements help us provide the fastest and most accurate service for you and your employees.
Members also have access to award-winning service online. In fact, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) awarded Medical Mutual the Quality Plus Distinction in Member Connections — an honor that says Medical Mutual uses technology effectively to keep members involved with their healthcare.
MedMutual’s Web site regularly receives top honors in Web award competitions for its easy navigation, organization and design. Awards include:
- Best Insurance Web Site (Web Marketing Association)
- Standard of Excellence Awards (Web Marketing Association)
- Ultraweb Level 3 Award (Ultraweb Awards)
- #1 health insurance Web site (The Customer Respect Group)
- Silver Award (eHealthcare Leadership Awards)
Medical Mutual’s Subsidiaries
Medical Mutual Services, LLC (MMS), Consumers Life Insurance Company, Carolina Care Plan.
(Information updated as of 2011 from Medical Mutual Ohio’s website)
Medical Mutual Ohio in the News
- Medical Mutual of Ohio Gains Easy Access to Vital Mainframe Security Data in Real Time via Syncsort Ironstream® and ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Some NC politicians seek to find common ground in House Bill 2 - WNCN
- CV approves five-year financial plan - New Philadelphia Times Reporter
- Tax credit approvals could add 150 new jobs to area - Cincinnati.com
- After the precariat, the unnecessariat: the humans who are superfluous to corporations - Boing Boing