Health Insurance for Pre-Existing Conditions
Has your or a family member’s application for an individual or self-employed major medical insurance plan been declined? Do you have pre existing health conditions and not sure if you qualify for an individual medical insurance plan? Find out now with our exclusive Insurability Profile Tool™. It is fast, free and confidential, and provides immediate feedback regarding how health insurers are likely to respond to your health status.
Perhaps you are healthy and cannot afford an individual medical insurance plan? There are alternatives.
Health insurance for pre existing conditions, also known as guaranteed health insurance, is designed for people with 1) existing health conditions or 2) require a more affordable alternative to comprehensive major medical insurance. These plans are considered the most affordable because they generally pay a fixed dollar amount for covered healthcare expenses.
Guaranteed Health Insurance- typical covered services:
- Physician office visits
- Diagnostic services, lab and x-ray
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery
- Inpatient confinement
- Preventive care
These medical insurance plans have many names. They are also referred to as:
- Gap Plans or Insurance
- Scheduled Health Insurance
- Defined Benefit Plans
- Limited Benefit Plans
- Guaranteed Acceptance Plans
- Guarantee Issue Health Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Pre-Existing Condition Medical Insurance
“Guarantee issue” means you are assured of obtaining medical insurance because the coverage is not medically underwritten (you are not required to provide your health history when you apply). Today, health insurers medically underwrite applicants that apply for an individual or family major medical insurance plan. As a result, not everyone will qualify for individual or family major medical insurance based on their health status. The new healthcare law, however, requires health insurers effective September 2010 to cover children less than 19 years of age regardless of their health status. This new requirement is applicable to group or employer sponsored health insurance and individual or family major medical insurance. Effective January 2014, health insurers carriers will be prohibited from medical underwriting all applicants and restricting coverage in any way due to pre existing conditions.
Keep in mind that guaranteed health insurance plans, like most other forms of medical insurance, will not immediately cover pre existing health conditions. Most insurance companies define a pre existing condition as any health condition (whether treated or not) that as a result of an illness or accident existed prior (usually 6 to 12 months) to the effective date of the medical insurance policy. This means the medical plan will not not cover your pre existing health condition(s) until you are consecutively covered for the required time frame, usually12 months.
Considering going without medical insurance? Probably not a wise choice. Think about one of the first questions the receptionist asks when you call to make an appointment. “Do you have health insurance?” Not having medical insurance will often result in denied or restricted access to healthcare services and leave you with a pile of very expensive bills to pay.
Advantages of a Guaranteed Health Insurance Plan
A Guaranteed Health Insurance Plan may be an alternative if you:
- Currently have high deductible major medical insurance and want supplemental health insurance to help cover your “underneath” healthcare expenses (medical expenses less than the high deductible). Note: If you currently have or are contemplating the purchase of an Health Savings Account, most Gap Plans will disqualify the HSA, per IRS regulations.
- Feel that individual major medical insurance is not needed, but at least want some protection and a medical ID card to get access to the healthcare system in the event you incur unexpected medical expenses.
- Want to avoid paying retail for healthcare expenses. Since most Guaranteed Health Insurance Plans include a preferred provider network, the typical discount ranges from 10% to 25%. Additionally, you generally will not owe your healthcare provider the difference between their retail charge and the negotiated rate.
Since most Guaranteed Health Insurance is considered supplemental health insurance, it is not major medical insurance and therefore not subject to the new health care law. As a result, these medical insurance plans are not required to meet the minimum coverage requirements. Benefits are generally paid according to a fixed payment schedule (rather than a percentage, i.e. 80%). This means the benefit payment is made without regard to how much your healthcare provider bills for the services rendered.
Have you seen the recurring television commercials that advertise “affordable medical insurance regardless of your health status?” These companies are promoting guaranteed health insurance plans. While this type of medical insurance is not for everyone, it definitely fills a niche in the individual and self employed medical insurance marketplace, and helps people get medical insurance that otherwise could not.
Get an online quote today and enroll electronically for a guaranteed health insurance plan. It is fast and easy!
Free Health Discount Plan
- Health Discount Plan
Save money immediately on prescription drugs, dental care and vision expenses with our FREE health discount plan. No personal information required. Just print the free health discount card today and begin saving:
- 13% to 65% on prescription drugs at 50,000 participating pharmacies nationally, including major chains such as Costco, CVS, Walgreen’s Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, K-Mart, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Savon, Osco and Target.
- 25% to 40% over usual charges for dental care, services and supplies at 101,000 participating dentists and dental providers nationally.
- 10% to 50% off vision expenses, including eyewear, contact lenses and corrective surgery at 10,500 participating optical centers and major vision chains, such as Sears Optical, JC Penney Optical, EyeMasters, Natiionwide Vision Center, LensCrafters and Wal-Mart Vision Centers.
Beware of similar health discount plans that are sold by competitors. You should not have to pay for a health discount plan.
Our health discount plan is great for the entire family, including students and seniors (“donut hole” prescriptions), even your pet! It is also popular with companies, professional groups and trade organizations. Just print and hand out as many health discount cards as you wish.
Here are some important features:
- Free! No enrollment, membership or monthly fees.
- Discounts on generic and brand name drugs!
- No deductible to satisfy!
- Use the card immediately.
- No registration, paperwork or waiting period!
- Everyone qualifies!
- Good for the entire family! No usage limits or eligibility restrictions!
- Use as often as you wish!
- Save on prescriptions for your pets too!
This is not a medical insurance plan or intended to replace medical insurance. Your actual savings will depend on quantity, pharmacy and geographic location.
Our goal at healthinsuranceadvisory.org. is to help individuals, families and the self-employed save money on individual medical insurance plans, individual dental insurance, health insurance for pre existing conditions, short term medical insurance, medical insurance overseas, and critical illness protection. We provide a better selection from top rated insurance companies, including better tools and information so you can make a more informed decision.
Why pay retail again? Begin using our FREE health discount card today.