Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee
For more than 60 years, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee has been centered on the health and well being of Tennesseans. Today, more than 2 million people across the state turn to us for low cost medical and dental insurance health plan coverage. And more than 5 million people nationwide benefit from the services we provide.
We’re an independent, not-for-profit, locally governed health plan company – meaning we live and work alongside our Tennessee business customers and plan members. But we are also part of the BlueCross BlueShield Association, a nationwide association of health care plans. Because of this, our plan members have access to the same quality health benefits while traveling or living out of state that they have while in Tennessee.
Facts & Figures
- Pays 65 million claims and more than $17 billion in benefits
- 4,300 employees, headquarters in Chattanooga
- Offices in Jackson, Johnson City, Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville
- State’s largest health benefit plan company
- More than 15,000 customer companies
- More than 2.3 million members
- Largest TennCare MCO in the state
(Information updated as of 2011 from Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee’s website)
Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee in the News
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee puts Lupton City site on block for $10.25 ... - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Selects RxAnte To Provide Medication ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Insurers Could Be Sharing Same Savings Twice With Providers in Different ... - Atlantic Information Services, Inc.
- BlueCross Links Members With Pharmacists For Improved Medication ... - The Chattanoogan
- Robert "Bob" E. Hunley - The Chattanoogan