Affordable Temporary Health Insurance
Short term medical insurance is deisgned for healthy individuals and familes less than age 65 who need a temporary medical insurance plan because of transition from one life event to another, such as employment change or graduation. Being uninsured for only a short period of time is very risky becasue of the high cost of healthcare. Without medical insurance, you could also find it difficult to obtain healthcare.
With an affordable temporary health insurance plan, you do not have to worry about a sudden and unpredictible illness or accident. Since short term medical plans cost much less than individual medical insurance and provide comprehensive coverage, you have piece of mind knowing that you and your family are protected. Short term medical insurance is designed to provide protection for less than 12 months. Coverage can also start the day after your application is approved and the applicable premium is paid.
An affordable temporary health insurance plan is a great alternative for individuals who need health insurance for 1 to 12 months. A short term medical insurance plan may be right for you if you are:
- Between jobs and want to maintain continuous health insurance coverage to help protect your HIPAA rights
- A new graduate without health insurance
- Recently laid off or between jobs and need medical insurance
- Newly hired and are waiting for your employer’s group health insurance to begin
- On COBRA continuation coverage and the premiums are too expensive or the COBRA time frame is about to expire
- Recently divorced and need immediate medical insurance coverage
- Returning from active military duty and looking for employment that provides health insurance
- In a waiting period and need medical insurance until your new health insurance becomes effective
Other important highlights of affordable temporary health insurance:
- Plans can be tailored to fit your coverage needs and financial budget (choice of deductible, coinsurance and maximum out-of-pocket)
- Usually provides coverage for medical expenses, such as:
- Physician office visits
- Lab, x-ray and diagnostic tests
- Mammography and pap smears
- Prescription drugs
- Coverage can begin as early as the day your application is submitted with the required premium payment
- Most states allow you to re-apply for a new short-term medical plan if you need coverage after the policy expires (up to 36 months)
- Short term medical insurance is subject to underwriting. Each applicant is required to answer medical questions. Depending on the response, the health insurer will either accept or reject the application.
Short term medical insurance may not be right for you if your medical insurance need is greater than one year or you have a serious or significant pre existing health condition. Once the short term medical insurance policy expires coverage cannot be renewed. This means you must reapply for a new short term medical insurance policy and meet the health insurers medical underwriting guidelines again.
Like most medical insurance, pre existing health condition(s) are subject to the pre existing condition limitation. A pre existing condition is typically defined as a medical condition (ailment, disorder or disease) as a result of an illness or accident that was present twelve months prior to the effective date of the short term medical insurance plan. Since most medical insurance covers pre-existing health conditions after twelve months of continuous coverage under the policy, short term medical insurance will not cover pre existing health conditions.
It is very important to always answer all health questions truthfully, otherwiswe the health insurer may deny the payment of claims for a condition that was pre existing. This is usually discovered by obtaining the insured’s medical records after a claim has been submitted.
Short term medical insurance is very popular today because the premiums are significantly less than individual medical insurance (which is considered permanent insurance).
Get a quote and apply online for affordable temporary health insurance and get covered tomorrow. The process is fast, easy and convenient!
Affordable Temporary Health Insurance, Inexpensive Dental Insurance and Prescription Drug Card
- Prescription Drug Card
Are you paying for costly prescriptions out of your own pocket? Do you not have prescription drug coverage under your existing medical insurance plan? Save money on prescription drugs immediately with a no hassle low cost prescription drug card card. There are no pre-existing condition limitations or health questions to answer. Use the card immediately for instant savings. It is great for the entire family. Everyone qualifies, even children!
Special features of the prescription drug card include:
- Low cost – prices start as low as $19.99 per month
- Convenient- accepted at 55,000 pharmacies nationally, such as Target, Walgreen’s, Long’s, CVS, Costco, Publix and Save-On
- Automatic, guaranteed acceptance- no underwriting or health questions
- No restrictions- pre-existing condition limitations do not apply
- No monthly or annual benefit payment maximums or caps- purchase as many medications as you need
The prescription drug card uses a four tier formulary:
- Tier 1 > generic drugs – you receive a benefit payment of up to $10.00
- Tier 2 > brand name and select generic drugs – you receive a benefit payment of up to $20.00
- Tier 3 > brand name and select generic drugs – you receive a benefit payment of up to $50.00
- Tier 4 > brand name drugs – special discount only, no benefit payment
Get the most out of the prescription drug card by having your doctor prescribe medication within Tiers 1, 2 or 3. A generic, lower cost prescription medication within the same therapeutic class can often replace a moreexpensive brand name drug. If you choose the higher price brand name drug, however, you will receive a significant discount off the retail price of the drug.
Tier 1 medications (card pays up to $10 per Rx), include:
Tier 1 – Up to $10 Payment
Dosage Quantity Glyburide 2.5mg 30 Tabs Allopurinol 100mg 30 Tabs Digoxin .125mg 30 Tabs Amoxicillin 250mg 30 Caps Penicillin 250mg 30 Tabs Tetracycline 250mg 30 Caps Estradiol 1mg 30 Tabs Propranolol 40mg 30 Tabs Trazodone 100mg 30 Tabs Alprazolam .25mg 30 Tabs Hydrocortisone 2.5% 30 gm E.E.S. 400 Tabs 30 Tabs Atenolol 50mg 30 Tabs Lisinopril 10mg 30 Tabs Furosemide 40mg 30 Tabs
Tier 2 medications (card pays up t0 $20 per Rx), include:
Tier 2 – Up to $20 Payment
Dosage Quantity Minocycline 50mg 30 Caps Sulfasalazine EC 500mg 30 Tabs Naproxen EC 375mg 30 Tabs Amoxil Chw 400mg 30 Taps Enalapril 5mg 30 Tabs Piroxicam 20mg 30 Caps Amaryl 1mg 30 Tabs Lanoxin .25mg 30 Tabs Synthroid 100mcg 30 Tabs Ranitidine 300mg 30 Tabs Etodolac 200mg 30 Cabs Zolpidem 10mg 30 Tabs Fluoxetine 20mg 30 Cabs Dilantin 1000mg 30 Cabs Glucotrol XL 2.5mg 30 Tabs
Tier 3 medications (card pays up t0 $50 per Rx), include:
Tier 3 – Up to $50 Payment
Dosage Quantity Accoloate 10mg 30 Tabs Buspar 5mg 30 Tabs Bactroban cream 2% 15 gm Diovan 40mg 30 Tabs Cardene 30mg 30 Caps Lortab 10mg 30 Tabs Kenalog Lotion .01% 60 gm Paroxetine Hcl 20mg 30 Tabs Rampiril 5mg 30 Tabs Cytomel Tab 50mcg 30 Tabs Macrodantin 25mg 30 Caps Topicort LP Cream .05% 15 gm Allegra 60mg 30 Tabs Premarin .625mg 30 Tabs Glucophage XR 750mg 30 Tabs
Tier 4 medications (discount only), include:
Tier 4 – Discount Only
Actonel Actos Ambien Amerge Atacand/ HCTZ Avandia Avinza Cipro XR Concerta Cozaar Crestor Detrol LA Foradil Hyzaar Ketek Lexapro Lipitor Lotrel Lumigan Mobic Nexium Novolog Paxil Travatan Valtrex Viagra Zetia
Since this prescription drug card pays up to the fixed payment for drugs specified in each tier indicated above, it is not considered insurance.
Start now by enrolling in this hassle-free prescription drug card program. It is fast, easy and online. If within 10 days of purchase you are not satisfied and have not used the prescription drug card, then return the prescription drug card program for a refund.
At healthinsuranceadvisory.org, we help you secure low cost medical insurance and inexpensive dental insurance. Get affordable medical insurance quotes and apply online from healthinsuranceadvisory.org today.
- Inexpensive Dental Insurance
Having full coverage dental insurance is affordable. With many types of plans to choose from, it is easy to secure an individual dental insurance plan that fits your budget. You can even keep your current dentist! Regardless of where you live, from California to the Carolina’s, we can help you find an inexpensive dental insurance plan.
Studies show that individuals without full dental coverage are likely to skip preventative dental care (exam, cleaning and x-rays) and visit the dentist only when there is a problem. According to the American Dental Hygienists’ Association, oral health is a critical component of total health. Dental caries (decay) is the most common chronic disease nationally and is preventable through the use of fluoride and dental sealants which cost 50% less than one silver filing.
Did you know the cost of restorative treatment is more expensive than preventive services (see chart below)?
Average Cost of Common Dental Procedures Min. Cost Max. Cost Exam & Cleaning $86 $110 Complete X-Ray Series $123 $171 Filling $119 $181 Root Canal $1,315 $2,351 Crown $1,144 $1,443
The Coalition for Oral Health, representing a wide spectrum of oral health associations, reported that $1 spent for prevention saves from $8 to $50 in restorative care!
Full Coverage Inexpensive Dental Insurance- covered services
Most inexpensive dental insurance plans provide payments for the following dental services:
1. Preventive: cleaning, exams, sealants and fluoride treatment
2. Diagnostic: bitewing x-rays and full mouth x-rays
3. Basic: fillings, simple extractions and repairs
- Oral Surgery
- Periodontics – treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures
- Prosthodontics – replacement of missing teeth and related mouth or jaw structures by bridges, crowns, dentures or other artificial devices
- Endodontics – treatment of diseases of the dental pulp, tooth root, and surrounding tissues, including root canals
Some individual and family dental insurance plans have waiting periods, while others may increase the percentage the dental insurance policy pays toward covered dental services every year you have the dental insurance plan.
Benefits of Inexpensive Individual Dental Insurance
Individuals, families, retirees and students purchase full coverage dental insurance for many reasons, the more common being:
1. Financial protection – without some form of dental insurance to help cover the expense of dental care, the cost of paying for expensive dental procedures, such as restoration, surgery, endodontic and periodontal services is simply not affordable.
2. Maintenance of a healthy mouth and overall wellness – studies show that regular dental check-ups and cleanings help promote overall health. That is why most individual dental insurance plans pay 100% for a routine exam and cleaning every six months.
3. Prevention – from fluoride treatment to sealants and braces, children can benefit significantly from regular professional dental care. An individual dental insurance plan makes the cost of preventive care more affordable,, so you do not have to put off dental care until you have a problem.
Get an online quote and enroll for an inexpensive dental insurance plan today from healthinsuranceadvisory.org!